I have one last soup to share with you before I have an awesome round-up of Soup Goodness for you this weekend.
This next one was made by my mom and I have to admit I was a little hesitant when she said it had sausage and tortellini. I love both but couldn’t image it together in a soup. I’m happy to report that it was SO good. It tasted just like a yummy Italian dish and was so hearty and flavorful. I may have had 3 servings – no joke!! I think you will love this Tortellini Sausage Soup just as much as we did!!
Tortellini Sausage Soup
By November 29, 2012
A yummy and hearty Italian soup.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 4 Links Italian Sausage
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 TB dried parsley
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 16 oz. package frozen cheese tortellini
- Cook sausage in a pan until browned and broken up.
- Add garlic and cook sausage for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Move meat to a pot. Stir in broth, tomatoes, cider, tomato sauce, carrots, basil and oregano. Bring soup to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes stir in zucchini and parsley and simmer for 10-12 more minutes.
- Add tortellini and cook for 7-10 more minutes. Top with grated Parmesan. Enjoy!
Oh, yum, this recipe was good!! If you are a fan of Italian food I know you will LOVE this recipe. It was really easy to make and didn’t take long either, which is always a bonus.
Be sure to check out these other soup recipes too: