Creamy and hearty Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is the best way to beat the weeknight rush! It’s easy to make, and filled with pasta, chicken, bacon, and creamy alfredo sauce.
This recipe is a baked casserole version of one of our favorite pasta recipes—Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta! For some more delectable casseroles perfect for weeknights, check out Pizza Casserole, Taco Casserole, or Mexican Casserole.
Another Chicken Dinner Winner!
I love a tasty, quick, and easy meal for weeknights! This is definitely a weeknight winner to add to the repertoire.
My kids love alfredo sauce, and let’s be real, who doesn’t love bacon?! It’s especially fabulous that this is a baked casserole, easy for serving…and for eating. 🙂
We have some links to other posts that might be helpful when making this chicken bacon ranch casserole.
- Use you favorite store bought ranch dressing or make you own Homemade Ranch Dressing
- The easiest way I have found to cook bacon is in the oven. You can also fry it up in a pan over medium low heat or on a griddle set to 325°F.
- Use this easy Shredded Chicken post to cook up your own. You can also use the meat from a store bought rotisserie chicken. A 2 lb chicken will give about 3 cups of shredded meat.
How to Make Chicken Ranch Casserole
MIX. In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, and ranch dressing. Pour the pasta mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
TOPPING. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the pasta. Sprinkle the bacon on top.
BAKE. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
I love pasta bakes because you can make them simple or easily change them up for variation. Some easy variations you might like to try include:
- Use cheddar cheese or pepper Jack
- Change the pasta type. Any short pasta will work such as penne, fusilli, bow tie, shell…
- Add veggies like broccoli florets, diced bell peppers or corn.
- Turn up the heat with some spice! Red Chili flakes, adding jalapeños, or topping with tabasco sauce are all great options.
- If you have a favorite homemade alfredo sauce you can easily use that. Two cups of sauce equal about 15 oz.
storing + side ideas
Making it ahead of time: You can easily make chicken bacon ranch casserole ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer. I always like to double these types of recipes so that I can have one for that day and store the other to use on a busy day.
To freeze: Use a disposable baking pan. Assemble the dish as directed, but do not bake. Allow the ingredients to cool. Cover the dish with plastic wrap then wrap it with aluminum foil. Label and freeze for 1-2 months. You can stick the bake directly from the freezer into a preheated oven just be sure to add about 30 minutes to the bake time.
Leftovers: Divide leftovers into individual serving sizes and store in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave.
Serve it with:
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Homemade Caesar Dressing and Salad
- Mozzarella Bites
More Chicken Pasta recipes:
- Triple Cheddar Chicken Pasta
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Asparagus Pasta Bake
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Alfredo Chicken Pasta Bake
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe
Creamy and hearty Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is the best way to beat the weeknight rush! It's easy to make, and filled with pasta, chicken, bacon, and creamy alfredo sauce.
- 1 pound rotini pasta cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, and ranch dressing. Pour the pasta mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle the bacon on top. Bake 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.