Hi! It’s me, Lily!!
I hope you have had a great week. I know I’m going to have a great weekend, so I hope you do too!
I’m writing on this Friday even though this post goes up on Saturday because I won’t be here on Saturday. Today, we are staying at a hotel where my mom is speaking at a conference. It’s kind of close to our house, but mom and dad thought it would be fun to make it a family trip. I am so excited because I LOVE staying at hotels!! I think my mom wanted us to go because she and dad just went to New Orleans without us kids last weekend and she really missed us. She didn’t want to leave us again, so we get to stay at the hotel as a family. I think it will be really fun!
Today’s recipe is one we made a few weeks ago. It has chocolate and mint, and we thought it would be good to try out in case you’re looking for a green treat on St. Patrick’s Day. It’s called – Chocolate Ganache Mint Brownies. They are so delicious! There are 4 layers – brownies on the bottom, mint cream in the middle, chocolate ganache frosting and then Andes Mint Bits on top! Don’t they sound amazing? Well, they are! Just be careful with their delicious taste – you may gain some weight eating so many. 😉
If you like chocolate and mint I know you’ll love these brownies!
Chocolate Ganache Mint Brownies Recipe
DELICIOUS Chocolate Ganache topped Mint Brownies! A brownie bottom with a creamy mint filling and melted chocolate chips and cream poured over the top with andes mint baking chips!!
- 1 box brownie mix plus all ingredients listed on box
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp mint extract
- green food coloring
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Andes Mint Baking Chips
Preheat oven to temperature listed on the back of your brownie box.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to box instructions and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake.
- When cooled, place softened butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, mint extract and green food coloring in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mint filling over the brownies.
- In a small pot, add your chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream. Melt on low heat stirring constantly. Pour evenly over the mint filling.
- Top with Andes Mint Baking Bits.
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more delicious Brownies, check out these yummy ones:
I hope you like these recipes!!
For all Sweet Treats by Lily go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!