Gou-lash: A mixture of many different elements; a hodgepodge. Sometimes, I feel like my brain is Goulash! Do you ever feel that way? Too many things to think about and worry about, and sometimes it can feel like one big hodgepodge! And my life is pretty average compared to most. I guess we all have our different versions and levels of goulash in our lives 🙂
Today’s tried and true recipe is a good kind of goulash. Cheesy hamburger to be exact! I’m all about simple these days and this recipe is just that! Although it has a number of different seasonings, it is just simple enough to please all ages. The kids loved it, the husband loved it, Gammy and Papa loved it! Try it out and tell us how much you and your family loved it too.
For video instructions on how to make this delicious Goulash, watch the video below:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 TB Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB seasoned salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well, return the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese right before serving.
Other definitions of Goulash call it a soup. This is definitely thicker than soup and was much easier to convince the kids to try. They really enjoyed it. I hope yours do too!
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 7ish, more if you’re feeding little mouths.
ANY CHANGES MADE: No onion (of course) We typically use minced garlic and we omitted Paula Deans seasoning. We also added one cup of cheese.
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: Next time, I would love to try egg noodles, for more of a stroganoff feel.
For more great, cheesy dinner ideas, check out:
For all dinner ideas go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!