This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Blueberry Crumb Delight is a delicious layered dessert recipe with a cream middle and topped with blueberries and whipped cream!
We love enjoying desserts like this recipe all through out the year, but especially in the summer. If you love layered desserts like this one, you’ll also enjoy our White Chocolate Lasagna or Brownie Delight.
what is blueberry delight?
There’s just something about having a nice, cool dessert in the summer time!
All summer long, all I’ve wanted is fruit. It’s just so refreshing and usually hits the spot when I’m trying to think of what to eat. Throw fruit into a dessert and it’s even better, right?
I admit I’m not a fan of all fruit-filled desserts, but anything with graham crackers, butter and whipped cream is usually a hit with me and the rest of the family. 😉
One dessert my mom makes during the summer is this Blueberry Delight, or sometimes called Blueberry Lush. We’ve always been fans of layered desserts, and this one has so many delicious layers.
If you love blueberries, you’ll definitely enjoy this recipe.
How to Make it
There may be a few layers but this blueberry delight (aka blueberry lush) is easy to make.
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°. Crush shortbread cookies in a bag. Take out about ½ cup of the mixture and set aside.
CRUST. Mix the remaining crushed cookie mix with the melted butter. Place buttered crumbs into the bottom of a 8.5 inch x 11.5 inch baking dish. Bake for 5 minutes and let cool.
FILLING. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and container of whipped cream (about 3 cups or once 8 oz. tub of cool whip) until mixed well. Spread over bottom crust later.
LAYER. Slowly pour blueberry pie filling over the cream cheese layer making sure it is spread all over.
CHILL. Sprinkle crushed pecans over the pie filling. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until ready to serve.
SERVE. Right before serving add some cool whip and reserved cookie crumbs. ENJOY!
recipe tips + FAQ
Crust variations? If you wish to change up the crust, you can substitute the shortbread cookies with 10 oz of Graham crackers to make a Graham Cracker crust. Some other crust options are to use an equal amount of Oreos (chocolate or golden), vanilla wafers, or Pecan Sandies as the base for the crust.
- You can also change up the recipe by using different fruit pie filling (Cherry and Lemon are both great!)
- You can easily make a homemade whipped topping.
- Add fresh blueberries to the top.
- Use a favorite homemade blueberry pie filling. Just be sure you chill it so that it sets properly before spreading it on the cream cheese layer.
Can you make this ahead of time? This dessert is best when served within 24 hours of making it. However, if you need to make it ahead of time, you certainly can. The cool whip will not freeze as well, so don’t add it until you’re ready to serve.
Keep the delight in its original dish, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and again with foil. Label and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw before serving.
How to store? If you have leftovers, you can store this by covering with Saran Wrap and placing in fridge for 2-3 days. You can also store in an air-tight container.
How to freeze? To freeze leftovers, place slices in airtight containers. The whipped cream will not hold up as well as the rest of the dessert so just add fresh cream before eating.
For more blueberry recipes, check out:
Blueberry Delight Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Crush shortbread cookies in a bag. Take out about ½ cup of the mixture and set aside. Mix the remaining crushed cookie mix with the melted butter.
- Place buttered crumbs into the bottom of a 8.5 inch x 11.5 inch pan. Bake for 5 minutes and let cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and container of whipped cream (about 3 cups or once 8 oz. tub of cool whip) until mixed well. Spread over bottom crust later.
- Slowly pour blueberry pie filling over the cream cheese layer making sure it is spread all over.
- Sprinkle crushed pecans over the pie filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until ready to serve.
- Right before serving add some cool whip and reserved cookie crumbs. ENJOY!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe adapted from Southern Bite.