Hi Lil’ Luna readers!
Another week has flown by and I’m a little sad to report that my husband has won again with a white sauce recipe. BUT… I’m happy to report that it was AWESOME! So awesome that he might just be winning on a regular basis. 😉 What makes these Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells so delicious?! Let me tell you … Ricotta, Parmesan, AND Italian Cheeses! Need I say more? These shells are bursting with creamy goodness, its ridiculous. Look for yourself… 😀
Here’s the recipe:
- 18 large pasta shells (from 16-oz package)
- 1 container ricotta cheese (15 oz)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half half
- ½ whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain.
- While your pasta is cooking, mix ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, spinach and chicken in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare Alfredo sauce by adding garlic to a pan and saute for 1 minute. Add broth, let bubble. Then add half&half, whipping cream, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese. Whisk constantly till combined. Allow liquid to heat up and thicken for a few minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of alfredo sauce in the bottom of a 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Arrange shells on top of sauce. Spoon about 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture into each pasta shell until all shells are full.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend and bake uncovered for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.
People, let it be known that I’m not big on leftovers. But, I’ve got to be honest… I was really hoping there would be some of these shells left, so I could stuff my face for lunch the next day. No such luck. Maybe if I hadn’t had 3 servings, there would actually be some left over. Muh bad! It has spinach in it, so… Its healthy, right? You’ve got to try this recipe. It is a great alternative to that boring lasagna you know you have plans to make this week. This would also be a perfect meal to take to a neighbor or family in need of a good home-cooked meal. Add some crispy Zucchini and garlic bread and you’ve got winner!
I have always loved pasta shells and filling them with chicken, spinach and tons of cheese sounds AMAZING!!
Thanks for the recipe. 😀
For more great pasta dishes, check out:
For all dinner ideas on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!