Save yourself some time, money and stress by using this FREE Meal Plan that is full of amazing recipes. Each plan includes 5 dinner ideas, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a shopping list making meal planning easier than ever!!
Weekly Meal Plan #8
Included is a grocery list with EVERY ingredient you need for all the items on the meal plan.
This is meant to help simplify menu planning, shopping, and cooking so you can more easily enjoy meals with your family throughout the week!
Tip of the Week
Frittata 101: A frittata is a breakfast/brunch recipe made of egg and fillings mixed together in a cast iron skillet. It is started on the stove top then finishes cooking in the oven.
It’s one of those recipes where you can get creative with your additions + change it up!
Any additions need to be sautéed before adding it to the egg mixture (especially ingredients with a higher water content like tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, and onions.)
If you fail to precook, then the liquid from the produce will make your egg custard too watery and it may not set correctly. Pre-cook your meats for the same reason. 😉
Benefits of Meal Planning
There’s nothing worse than the dread every time a family members asks, “What’s for dinner??” And your answer is “I have no clue.” Having a meal plan for the week eliminates that completely, which is the number one benefit in my book!
Besides having a game plan in place, there are several other benefits of meal planning, including:
- Cost: When you have a plan set in place, and a specific list of groceries, you eliminate cost wasted on impulse items or produce that never gets used.
- Decrease Waste: No wasted money, and no wasted food! Having a set grocery list will help to avoid both of those issues.
- Variety: Our meal plans specifically include a lot of variety, with Mexican, Italian, Breakfast for Dinner, and so much more! You can expose your family’s palates to all kinds of meals.
- No Indecision: Did you know there’s such thing as “indecision fatigue”? The idea is that when you can’t make a decision on something (like what to make for dinner) it actually makes you mentally fatigued. When dinners are already planned out, though, you avoid indecision completely!
- Health: When you plan for/anticipate making well-rounded meals, you’re much more likely to actually make them rather than defaulting to convenient boxed meals, or unhealthy fast food!
As you can see, there are so many benefits to meal planning!
Easy and delicious Bean Chimichangas are filled with beans, cheese and ROTEL and they taste just like the ones at the restaurants!
This “Skinny” Chicken Piccata is easy enough to make on a busy weeknight but also fancy enough to make when you have company over! Plus it’s a healthy version, which makes it even better!
Fluffy frittata stuffed with asparagus, ham, and parmesan cheese. It’s a breakfast dream—so simple and delicious!
Don’t be scared of the veggies contained in this dish! If you want to opt out of the asparagus, you can add any fillings you like to this dish (see this week’s tip of the week)!
Saucy and savory homemade Sloppy Joes are a delicious meat loaded sandwich. They are quick and easy, perfect for feeding a crowd!
A yummy alternative to store bought buns is our Potato Rolls!
Flavorful and tender Lemon Pepper Chicken is simple and requires just a few ingredients. Served on its own or over rice, this buttery chicken dish is perfect any night of the week for a simple, quick dinner idea.
For a low carb option, instead of serving over white rice, try our Cauliflower Rice!
Sides of the WEek
Our Top Two Choices
How to make Homemade Spanish Rice (AKA Mexican Rice). Whatever you call it, we’ve got the best and Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe you can find. It tastes like it came straight from the restaurant!
Arugula Salad is loaded with healthy greens, juicy tomatoes, and parmesan shavings with pine nuts and creamy avocado on top!
It’s a fresh and versatile salad that pairs well with almost any of the dishes on the menu for this week!
dessert of the week
This super easy key lime cake is bursting with fresh lime flavor and topped with whipped cream. It’s a delicious summer cake recipe, and if you love key lime pie – then definitely give this recipe a try.
If you like fruity cakes, try:
Click the link below to download this week’s FREE Meal Plan!