The recipe I’m sharing today is a CLASSIC summer dessert. It has a pretzel crust, cream center and a nice jello layer on top. It comes from Kraft Recipes and is one that you may not have tried, but if you haven’t you may have been living under a rock for the last 20 years – lol!
Not sure how you feel about these layered desserts, but they are some of my FAVORITES!!! They are always served cold which makes them especially appealing in the summer time. Plus, they have Cream Cheese and Cool Whip which means that they have to be good, right?
I’m still melting a bit here in Houston (hoping the cooler weather comes sooner than later) and could go for a piece of this Jello Pretzel Salad right about now.
Although this recipe takes a bit of time to make to allow for the jello to thicken, it is really easy and always good.
Here’s the Jello Pretzel Salad recipe:
Jello Pretzel Salad
By September 5, 2013Published:
A refreshing and delicious dessert perfect for summer time.
- 2 cups pretzels crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar divided
- 2/3 cup margarine melted
- 1 1/2 8 z. Cream Cheese Bars softened
- 2 TB milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 6 oz. Strawberry JELL-O box
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 4 cups strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix chopped pretzels, 1/4 cup sugar and butter together. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and milk together with a blender. Fold in Cool Whip and spread over the crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place boiling water in a large bowl. Add gelatin mix and stir for 2 minutes until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours or until thickened.
- Stir strawberries in with your jello and spoon over your cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for another 3 hours. Keep refrigerated until serving. ENJOY!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
This dessert just screams SUMMER time!! Better make it and enjoy it now before fall hits.
For more Summer-y desserts be sure to check out:
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.