There are several recipes that I remember having ALL.THE.TIME as a kid. One of those happens to be this Beef Stroganoff recipe pictured above. It’s a recipe that we had all the time as a child and was changed up depending on the meat my mom used. Sometimes she used chuck roast, hamburger or steak. It varied every time, but every time we loved it! It’s a very kid-friendly recipe that was well accepted since it was basically a yummy sauce, meat and noodles… and we all know that you can’t go wrong with those ingredients. 😉 Am I right?!
If you’re like me, always looking for simple but tasty recipes the whole family loves, then I suggest trying out this stroganoff recipe. It’s so flavorful and is sure to become a new go-to recipe for the fam!
You may have a favorite stroganoff recipe, and if you want another one I’d recommend trying this one. It’s delicious, easy to prepare and can be thrown in the crock pot (another great slow cooker recipe!!)
Easy Beef Stroganoff:
- 2 TB canola oil
- 1½ pounds chuck roast or sirloin steak, sliced into bite size strips
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package egg noddles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a skillet on medium high heat. Toss meat with flour and salt and pepper to taste. Brown meat in hot oil, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add meat and beef broth to crock pot and and let cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions
- Add sour cream to crock pot and stir. Pour over noodles and serve.
We’re huge fans of Pasta recipes here at our house, and if you are too you may enjoy some of these other pasta dishes:
For more great pasta dishes, check out: