These Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls are a delicious copycat recipe of this yummy restaurant appetizer that everyone loves!
My family LOVES appetizers
I’ve blogged about this before, but we make them all the time and have been known to have Appetizers for dinner on more than one occasion! This is one of our ALL TIME favorites.
If you have ever been to The Cheesecake Factory you may have tried their Avocado Egg Rolls. If you haven’t, you really should go and try them because they are absolutely HEAVENLY!! My family found a copycat recipe that we now love and use all the time. It is super easy and the end result is AH-MAZING!!
We love going out to eat, but are so happy we can make one of our favorite appetizers at home now. And trust me, if you love avocados and egg rolls then you will LOVE this recipe!
How to make Avocado Egg Rolls
Once you’ve made these, you’ll realize just how easy they are. Grab a kid or spouse to help form an assembly line and it’s even easier.
STIR. In a bowl, stir together vinegars, honey and saffron. Heat for one minute in the microwave.
PUREE. Puree this mixture in a blender adding cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, sugar, pepper and cumin. Pour into a bowl and add the oil. Stir and refrigerate.
FILL. In a bowl, stir together avocado, tomatoes, 1 tsp. cilantro and salt. Add ⅓ of the mixture onto the center of each egg roll wrapper.
FOLD. Position the wrapper so the corner is pointing towards you. Fold the bottom corner up over the filling. Fold remaining corners up over the filling and brushing the corners with egg to secure in place. Roll up from the bottom folding the top corner over all. Seal with egg and repeat for remaining wrappers.
FRY. Fry egg rolls for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce.
Tips and Variations
- We are pan-frying them in this recipe. Just make sure that the oil covers the bottom of the pan and that the oil is hot enough to fry and give them a good color, but not too hot that it will burn them!
- If you want, you can bake them at 425 degrees for around 20 minutes until they are golden brown. This is definitely a healthier option because it doesn’t involve all the added oil.
- Preheat the airfryer to 400°F. Spray the outside of the eggrolls with cooking spray before putting them in the air fryer. Cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping them halfway.
Ripe Avocados: Avocados ripen after they have been picked. If you want to make this recipe soon after buying avocados, choose ones that are deep even green and are a bit softened when you press them. If you have hard avocados, you’ll need to wait for them to ripen before using. To speed up the ripening process we recommend placing unripe avocados in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for two to three days until they are ripe.
How to Store
STORE leftover Egg Rolls wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
FREEZE before they have been cooked. Assemble the egg rolls as instructed, but do not fry. Instead, tightly wrap each roll with plastic wrap and freeze. You can allow them to thaw a bit or cook them frozen.
REHEAT. If you had your leftovers in the fridge and want to finish eating your delicious dish I would suggest popping them in the oven to keep them crispy while re-warming them. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place in the oven at 450 degrees and heat for around 5 minutes on each side. Then let it sit for 2 minutes so you don’t burn your tongue.
For more delicious Egg Rolls, try:
Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Roll Recipe
- 3 Egg Roll wrappers
- 3 Large Avocado
- 3 tbsp Sun-Dried Tomatoes packed in oil
- 3 tsp Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Pinch Powdered Saffron
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cashews
- 2/3 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- In a bowl, stir together vinegars, honey and saffron. Heat for one minute in the microwave
- Puree this mixture in a blender adding cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, sugar, pepper and cumin. Pour into a bowl and add the oil. Stir and refridgerate.
- In a bowl, stir together avocado, tomatoes, 1 tsp. cilantro and salt. Add ½ of the mixture onto the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Position the wrapper so the corner is pointing towards you. Fold the bottom corner up over the filling. Fold remaining corners up over the filling and brush the corners with egg to secure in place. Roll up from the bottom folding the top corner over all. Seal with egg and repeat for remaining wrappers.
- Fry egg rolls for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce.