Save yourself some time, money and stress by using this FREE Meal Plan that is full of amazing recipes. Each plan includes 5 dinner ideas, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a shopping list making meal planning easier than ever!!
WEEKLY MEAL PLAN #49
Included is a grocery list with EVERY ingredient you need for all the items on the meal plan.
This is meant to help simplify menu planning, shopping, and cooking so you can more easily enjoy meals with your family throughout the week!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Our Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is on the menu this week and we are crazy about that Honey Mustard Dressing!
It’s SO good. However, if Honey Mustard isn’t your jam, no worries!
How do you pick the perfect avocado? A ripe avocado should be firm enough to handle a squish without bruising, but not be as tough as a rock. The peel will typically be a bit darker if the avocado is ripe.
To make the avocado ripen in 1-2 days, place it in a paper bag with a banana or two.
BENEFITS OF MEAL PLANNING
There’s nothing worse than the dread every time a family members asks, “What’s for dinner??” And your answer is “I have no clue.” Having a meal plan for the week eliminates that completely, which is the number one benefit in my book!
Besides having a game plan in place, there are several other benefits of meal planning, including:
- Cost: When you have a plan set in place, and a specific list of groceries, you eliminate cost wasted on impulse items or produce that never gets used.
- Decrease Waste: No wasted money, and no wasted food! Having a set grocery list will help to avoid both of those issues.
- Variety: Our meal plans specifically include a lot of variety, with Mexican, Italian, Breakfast for Dinner, and so much more! You can expose your family’s palates to all kinds of meals.
- No Indecision: Did you know there’s such thing as “indecision fatigue”? The idea is that when you can’t make a decision on something (like what to make for dinner) it actually makes you mentally fatigued. When dinners are already planned out, though, you avoid indecision completely!
- Health: When you plan for/anticipate making well-rounded meals, you’re much more likely to actually make them rather than defaulting to convenient boxed meals, or unhealthy fast food!
As you can see, there are so many benefits to meal planning!
Avocado Taquitos aka “Flautas” are filled with avocados and cheese and fried to perfection! They’re perfect for a main dish or appetizer.
Marinated and grilled chicken breast, melty cheese, marinara sauce, and lettuce all sandwiched between a ciabatta bun. These chicken parmesan sliders make for the perfect appetizer, but can hold their own as a main dish too!
This Breakfast Enchilada Casserole is everything you love about enchiladas and breakfast casseroles in one recipe! Layers of corn tortillas, eggs, sausage, bacon, green chili sauce, sour cream, and lots of cheese!
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is one of the heartiest, most delicious salad recipes you’ll try! With greens, fruits, nuts, and a tangy dressing, it’s a real winner.
The cheesiest, CREAMIEST homemade mac n cheese you’ll ever make! Macaroni pasta covered in sharp cheddar cheese, melted into a warm cream sauce, and topped with a perfect panko crust. The whole family will definitely approve!
Sides of the week
Our Top Two Choices
Mexican Street Corn is a copycat version from Torchy’s Tacos filled with butter, cheese, chili powder and cilantro. This irresistible corn is the perfect side for your Mexican meals!
Cheesy Garlic Bread takes minutes to put together and is SO cheesy and delicious. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal, but especially for pasta and Italian dishes!
Dessert of the WEek
Moist & bright Lemon Cupcakes with a delicious homemade lemon cream frosting are the perfect summer dessert!!
For more Cupcakes, try:
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- Banana Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Click the link below to download this week’s FREE Meal Plan!