It’s still a little hot here in AZ and we’re already craving soups!!
Although it’s still in the triple digits some days, it did not stop my mom from whipping up a new soup for us to try out.
I have to admit I was pretty excited to give it a taste because with the Halloween decor already up I can’t help but crave some yummy crockpot goodness.
I’m happy to report his next recipe is a definitely keeper. She served it with some corn bread, and I can honestly say at the moment of trying this recipe I could honestly say nothing in the world tasted better. It was so good!! I’ve been craving it ever since.
- 1 TB Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 2 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- 2 15.8 oz. cans Great Northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 4.5 oz. cans chopped green chiles
- 1 15.8 oz. can Pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 8 oz. container sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cilantro (garnish)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Saute chicken for 10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Take off the heat and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, add broth, beans, undrained chilis and seasonings into the crock pot. Add chicken to broth mixture once it is done cooking.
- Cook soup on high in the crock pot for 2 hours. Cook on low for the last hour.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream at the 3 hour mark. Cook on low for another hour.
- Serve with cilantro and shredded cheese. ENJOY!
I mean, it has whipping cream and sour cream… how could you not love it?!
I promise this soup won’t disappoint. Just add it to the must-make-soon list because it is super yummy!
And in case you missed them, here are a few more of my favorite soup recipes:
This Post is Brought to you by: