Save yourself some time, money and stress by using this FREE Meal Plan that is full of amazing recipes. Each plan includes 5 dinner ideas, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a shopping list making meal planning easier than ever!!
WEEKLY MEAL PLAN #93
Each week, I share with you a FREE meal plan that consists of 5 dinner ideas (Monday-Thursday plus one Weekend meal), 2 side dishes, and 1 dessert!
Included is a grocery list with EVERY ingredient you need for all the items on the meal plan.
This is meant to help simplify menu planning, shopping, and cooking so you can more easily enjoy meals with your family throughout the week!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Beef Lo Mein, a tasty Asian dish similar to Stir Fry, is on the menu this week.
- Noodles: We use thin spaghetti to make it because we always have it on hand, but you can use actual Lo Mein noodles if you prefer.
- Meat: Flank Steak works well for the meat, but other similar cuts work great too!
- Veggies: The recipe calls for carrots and broccoli, but you can easily add whatever veggies are your favorite. Some other yummy ideas include bell peppers, mushrooms, snow peas, scallions, and zucchini.
BENEFITS OF MEAL PLANNING
There’s nothing worse than the dread every time a family members asks, “What’s for dinner??” And your answer is “I have no clue.” Having a meal plan for the week eliminates that completely, which is the number one benefit in my book!
Besides having a game plan in place, there are several other benefits of meal planning, including:
- Cost: When you have a plan set in place, and a specific list of groceries, you eliminate cost wasted on impulse items or produce that never gets used.
- Decrease Waste: No wasted money, and no wasted food! Having a set grocery list will help to avoid both of those issues.
- Variety: Our meal plans specifically include a lot of variety, with Mexican, Italian, Breakfast for Dinner, and so much more! You can expose your family’s palates to all kinds of meals.
- No Indecision: Did you know there’s such thing as “indecision fatigue”? The idea is that when you can’t make a decision on something (like what to make for dinner) it actually makes you mentally fatigued. When dinners are already planned out, though, you avoid indecision completely!
- Health: When you plan for/anticipate making well-rounded meals, you’re much more likely to actually make them rather than defaulting to convenient boxed meals, or unhealthy fast food!
As you can see, there are so many benefits to meal planning!
And if you want to create your own menu, be sure to check out all our recipes and visit our recipe pages, including: Main Dish, Side Dishes, Desserts, Appetizers and Breakfast!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are bright and flavorful, with the perfect amount of spice. This tasty dinner takes only 15 minutes to prep!
This has to be one of our favorite Mexican dishes, so naturally we couple it with one of our favorite Mexican sides, Spanish Rice. It’s a featured side this week and, when you see how easy it is to make and how yummy it is, you’ll know why it’s one of our most popular recipes.
Italian Sausage Pasta
Easy cheesy Italian Sausage Pasta is creamy, delicious and perfectly spiced. It’s a family favorite ready in only 20 minutes!
We love balancing this filling meal with a light salad like Lemon Poppy Seed Salad (minus the chicken) or Quick Caprese Salad. It makes for a easy and tasty meal!
These light, fluffy, eggy German Pancakes have become a family favorite breakfast recipe! They’re EASY to make, requiring only 5 simple ingredients that are kitchen staples.
We love eating these pancakes with a refreshing Orange Juice Smoothie, one of our sides this week. Together they make a great breakfast for dinner that the whole fam is going to love!
Beef Lo Mein
Hearty and delicious Beef Lo Mein is so simple and has so much flavor! It is filled with saucy chunks of beef, carrots and broccoli.
This really is an all-in-one dish, but, if you’re looking for a little more, it pairs perfectly with Fried Egg Rolls and Asian Ramen Salad. Together, they make an Asian feast fit for a king!
Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
This Chicken and Dumpling Casserole is comfort food made easy. Canned biscuits and cream of chicken soup help speed up this hearty casserole.
Try serving this casserole with a fun spring salad! Some of our favorites are Strawberry Harvest Salad, Arugula Salad or Waldorf Salad (with or without the chicken).
Sides of the week
Our Top Two Choices
How to make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever you call it, we’ve got the best and easiest Spanish rice recipe you can find. It tastes like it came straight from the restaurant!
This rice is one of our most well-known recipes. It’s become so popular that we also made a crockpot version of it which you can find HERE. Both versions are easy and delicious!
Best-loved Orange Juice Smoothie using Florida Orange Juice is super tasty. The kids LOVE the taste of oranges & strawberries!
If you’re craving a different kind of smoothie, you’re in luck! We have a whole collection of Breakfast Smoothies. With everything from green smoothies to a Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie, there’s sure to be a smoothie that will satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
Dessert of the WEek
Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifle
Light + Fresh Strawberries and Cream Angel Food Cake Trifle takes minutes to assemble, which makes it great for entertaining!
For more Strawberry Desserts, try:
- Strawberry Pie
- No Bake Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- Frozen Strawberry Dessert
- Strawberry Nutella Pizza
Download the Meal Plan!
Click the link below to download this week’s FREE Meal Plan!
And remember – if you want to create your own menu, be sure to check out all our recipes and visit our recipe pages, including: Main Dish, Side Dishes, Desserts, Appetizers and Breakfast!