Creamy Buttery Baked Chicken is simple and full of flavor. It is another great dinner idea for any occasion!!
Butter-Y + Delicious
Dinner is a great meal, and it’s something I look forward to, but in the summer time I usually want to make something easy and semi-quick.
I’m either looking for a good crock pot meal or something simple like quesadillas because it’s hard to want to slave over the oven when you’re hot and tired. Fortunately, today’s recipe is one that is quick and takes little prep time!
If your family likes chicken, then you’ll definitely want to try this Buttery Baked Chicken. With butter, evaporated milk and cream of chicken soup it’s another chicken dinner winner.
This recipe bakes for a it but turns out delicious and is another great dinner recipe!
How to make Buttery Baked Chicken
CHICKEN. Dip each chicken piece in a bowl filled with about ⅛ of your evaporated milk. Coat well and then roll it in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Melt butter in 9×13 pan and cook the chicken in the melted butter for 1 hour at 350°F.
SAUCE. Mix together water, can of soup, and the rest of your evaporated milk.
BAKE. After chicken has been baking for 1 hour, turn chicken and pour soup mixture on top. Bake for 30 more minutes until golden brown. Serve as is. Creamy and Delish!!
Because of the butter that the chicken is cooking in it should not dry out! I have never had it dry out before, but if you would like to cover the pan to prevent it from drying out you can. Although this may prevent it from becoming that golden brown color.
To make this recipe in the crock pot, Just put the melted butter into the crockpot and the prepared chicken pieces on top of it. Cook for 4-5 hours in high or 6-7 hours in low
When the chicken is half way done cooking you will want to turn it and pour in the soup mixture. Because the crock pot is covered you will probably not get the golden brown color to the chicken.
Variations + Storing
- Squeeze a little lemon on top.
- Melt a little bit of your favorite cheese (shredded) on the chicken the last few minutes of cooking.
- Add a little rosemary or thyme. Or season it to your personal taste.
- Use chicken thighs in this recipe if you prefer.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last in the fridge for 3-5 days. REHEAT it in the microwave.
For more great Baked Chicken recipes, check out these favorites:
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Crispy Baked Cheddar Chicken
Buttery Baked Chicken Recipe
- Dip each chicken piece in a bowl filled with about ⅛ of your evaporated milk. Coat well and then roll it in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in 9×13 pan and cook the chicken in the melted butter for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Mix together water, can of soup, and the rest of your evaporated milk.
- After chicken has been baking for 1 hour, turn chicken and pour soup mixture on top. Bake for 30 more minutes until golden brown. Serve as is. Creamy and Delish!!