Creamy Buttery Baked Chicken is simple and full of flavor. It is another great dinner idea for any occasion!!
I cook with chicken breasts A LOT. It’s probably our go-to meat. With that being said, I have a lot of favorite baked chicken breast recipes, like Salsa Chicken, Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake, BBQ Baked Chicken, and this Buttery Baked Chicken!
Butter-Y + Delicious
Dinner is a great meal, and it’s something I look forward to, but more often than not, I usually want to make something easy and semi-quick.
I’m either looking for a good crock pot meal or something simple because it’s hard to want to slave over an intricate meal after a long busy day. Fortunately, today’s recipe is one that is quick and takes little prep time!
If your family likes chicken, then you’ll definitely want to try this Buttery Baked Chicken. With butter, evaporated milk and cream of chicken soup, it’s another chicken dinner winner.
How to make Buttery Baked Chicken
CHICKEN. Dip each chicken piece in a bowl filled with about ⅛ of your evaporated milk. Coat well and then roll it in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Melt butter in 9×13 pan and cook the chicken in the melted butter for 1 hour at 350°F.
SAUCE. Mix together water, can of soup, and the rest of your evaporated milk.
BAKE. After chicken has been baking for 1 hour, turn chicken and pour soup mixture on top. Bake for 30 more minutes until golden brown. Serve as is. Creamy and Delish!!
TIPS + Variations
Dry chicken? Because of the butter that the chicken is cooking in, it should not dry out. I have never had it dry out before, but if you would like to cover the pan to prevent it from drying out, you can. However, I would remove it towards the end of the cook time to let the chicken brown.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon on top.
- Melt a little bit of your favorite cheese (shredded) on the chicken the last few minutes of cooking.
- Add some rosemary or thyme. Or season it to your personal taste.
- Use chicken thighs in this recipe if you prefer.
How to store leftovers? STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to reheat? REHEAT it in the microwave until heated through.
How to make this in the crock pot? Just put the melted butter into the crockpot and the prepared chicken pieces on top of it. Cook for 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
Half way through the cooking time, turn each piece over and pour in the soup mixture. Cook for the remaining time.
For more great Baked Chicken recipes:
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Crispy Baked Cheddar Chicken
- Mayo Parmesan Chicken Bake
Buttery Baked Chicken Recipe
- Dip each chicken piece in a bowl filled with about ⅛ of your evaporated milk. Coat well and then roll it in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in 9×13 pan and cook the chicken in the melted butter for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Mix together water, can of soup, and the rest of your evaporated milk.
- After chicken has been baking for 1 hour, turn chicken and pour soup mixture on top. Bake for 30 more minutes until golden brown. Serve as is. Creamy and Delish!!