Hi there! It’s been a good month since I’ve posted something sweet, and that’s just unacceptable. Today’s tried and true will definitely take care of that! Now, my sister, Tara, and I are firm believers that if it doesn’t have chocolate it’s not a dessert. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Like my moms famous Sugar Cookies, or these strangely addicting Coconut Oatmeal Cookies. We also LOVE our regular Fruit Pizza recipe. But we’ve thought… What could make that fruit pizza even better? Why, Chocolate, of course! That’s why we decided to make today’s recipe for Frosted Berry Brownies. We got the idea after we saw this Brownie Pizza from Seeded at the Table. We thought we’d keep things simple and stick to regular brownie bars, and we love how these turned out. A delicious fluffy cream cheese frosting topped with some of our favorite fruit, including strawberries, blueberries and blackberries!
The recipe doesn’t take too long, but we did have to let the brownies cool before we frosted them. If you love chunks of fruit with chocolate, then you have to try this recipe. It’s easy, tasty and perfect for any BBQ or function. Be sure to grab a tall glass of cold milk, because you probably won’t be able to stop at one piece. Sorry (not really)! 😉
BERRY BROWNIE PIZZA
- 1 box brownie mix (for a 9x13 inch pan, plus all ingredients on the back)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz COOL WHIP whipped topping
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix and all ingredients listed on the back of the box. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add cool whip and mix well. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled brownies. Sprinkle fruit evenly over the top. Enjoy!
Adapted from Seeded at the Table.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 12
- ANY CHANGES MADE: made in 9×13, added blackberries and removed bananas.
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: I’m thinking of adding a chocolate drizzle on top next time!
Yay for chocolate-y treats!! Here is another favorite:
For more chocolate desserts, check out: