If so, you may not want to read this post or check out these pictures because you may find your tummy growling. At least, that’s what’s happening for me. 😉
Today’s recipe is one that will knock your socks off. It’s for delicious Butterscotch Caramel Bars. These bars are filled with butter, cream cheese, pudding, caramel sauce, butterscotch chips, toffee bits and more. These happen to be some of my favorite ingredients so when you put them all together you know you can’t go wrong. There are so many great layers to this recipe, I think you’ll agree.
To make these bars you begin by making a dough-y base that is pressed into the 9×13 pan. From there, you add butterscotch chips that semi-melt once they are put on the warm crust. Caramel sauce is drizzled all over next, followed by a delicious, creamy butterscotch pudding layer. It’s all topped off with some toffee bits making it a bit gooey and crunchy all at the same time.
Here is the recipe for you to try out yourselves:
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box butterscotch pudding mix (4 serving size)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ to 1 cup Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- Combine flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat in butter until blended.
- Press mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 300 for 35 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and add butterscotch chips to hot crust. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl and beat until blended.
- Add milk and pudding mix and beat until smooth.
- Once your 9x13 pan has cooled, spread your caramel sauce evenly over the crust and then the pudding mixture over the caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle top with Toffee Bits
- Refrigerate for one hour or until set.
We have chocolate bars all the time, so it’s nice to change it up with butterscotch and caramel bars, especially if you love those flavors as much as we do.
For more great bar recipes, be sure to check out:
For all dessert recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!