Why not spoil the men in our lives that we love with an amazing meal?! These Father’s Day recipes will help you do just that.
Celebrate Dad with a Meal!
I once saw the headline “The Power of a Father’s Influence is Immeasurable ”. I have to agree! The wonderful fathers, and father figures, in our lives should receive our gratitude year round especially on the 3rd Sunday in June.
I love celebrating Fathers Day and making sure my dad and husband are recognized and appreciated for all that they do and for being the best father around.
One of the ways we celebrate is with a delicious meal!
Whether your dad is meat and potatoes kind of guy, loves a loaded salad or pizza with lots of toppings, there are plenty of yummy ideas to choose from. To top off the meal, we also have delicious dessert recipes he’s sure to love.
Making Father’s Day Fun
- If you really want to go all out, use your dad’s favorite hobby as a theme for the meal.
- Crown him King for the Day and turn his seat at the table into a throne.
- Have kids help cook dinner. Younger kids can help wash produce, pour and stir. Older kids can help peel and cut produce. They can measure and follow simple recipes. Teens 12+ should be able to cook on the stove and in the oven.
- Have the kids fill out a “How well do you know dad” questionnaire. Winner gets a special treat.
- Share your favorite memories of dad.
- Plan to do dads favorite activity- go fishing, have a video game competition, go to a car show, go bird watching, play his favorite board game
- Serve HIM breakfast in bed
- Begin a Memory book. Ask questions about his childhood and record it. Continue to ask new questions each week and present him with a completed book the next year.
Whether you’re planning a small dinner for dad or hosting a large gathering planning your menu a couple of weeks ahead of time helps:
- Watch for sales
- Make any new recipes ahead of time to work out any kinks
- Allow friends and family to bring a dish
- Include dishes that can be made ahead of time
- Make sure you have enough time and space to cook everything. Tip: Using a crock pot helps free up oven and stove top space.
How much to serve
- Pasta: If your recipe calls for 16 oz of pasta then the dish can serve about 6-8 guests. If it also includes veggies or protein then you will be able to serve about 8-10 guests.
- Meats: Plan to serve 8-12 oz per person for any meat main dish including beef, chicken or pork
- Side dishes: In general plan about 6 oz of potatoes, 4 oz of veggies and 1.5 rolls per person. For every 5-8 people attending add another dish to the menu.
- Dessert: Plan to have enough dessert for people to have 1 ½ servings.
A backyard barbecue is a common way we celebrate Father’s day. Some dads love to grill, but may appreciate a break from the duty. Here are a few tips to help you step in.
- Take meat out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- It’s helpful to have a grill large enough that you can adjust the temperature on different sections.
- Create a chart that lays out what item will be grilled in what section, as well as how long each piece of meat will need to cook. Be sure that you don’t overlap the different types of food before or during grilling.
- Clean the grates and apply a thin layer of oil to help keep food from sticking to the grill grates.
- Use a meat thermometer to test the doneness of each type of meat. (Be sure to clean it off with soapy water in between uses)
- It can be tempting to poke, prod and flip the meat, but don’t. You should only flip it once. By doing so you allow each side to heat up enough to start forming a nice caramelized crust.
- Grilling vegetables takes a fraction of the time as meat. Since meat needs to rest once it is done cooking, this is a perfect time to reduce the heat and grill up your veggies.
- If you add barbecue sauce or other flavorful sauces too early, it just tends to char. Allow your meat to cook almost completely before coating it with the sauce.
- Allow meat to rest for a few minutes before cutting.
- Have a box of baking soda on hand in case of a grill fire.
BEST FATHERS DAY DINNERS
Plenty of options to please every guy you love. These Father’s Day main dishes are sure to hit the spot! From steak to burgers, pastas or seafood, we’ve got you covered.
Ritz Cracker Chicken – Crispy Cheddar Chicken is coated in sour cream, cheddar cheese, and ritz cracker crumbs and baked to crispy perfection. Top it with a creamy sauce, and it’s to die for!
Best Steak Marinade – This is Our All-Time Favorite Steak marinade! It requires only four ingredients, and makes our steak taste SO amazing! Everyone always asks for this Easy Steak Marinade recipe because it’s just that good!!
Sweet Pork Barbacoa – Sweet Pork Barbacoa is the best slow cooker pulled pork recipe you will ever try. Better than Cafe Rio—you better make a double batch!
Easy Baked Salmon – Bake a delicious and healthy pan of salmon for the whole family! Flavored with lemon, garlic, and parsley for a tasty dinner everyone will enjoy.
Chicken Alfredo – Cheesy chicken Alfredo pasta is a go-to dinner meal in our house. Creamy sauce mixed in with fettuccine pasta and sautéed chicken. A one-pot meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Dr. Pepper Ribs – Pork ribs cooked in Dr. Pepper, grilled to perfection, and smothered in BBQ Sauce. These Dr. Pepper ribs are fall off the bone delicious!
Carne Asada – Carne Asada is the perfect Mexican flavored meat to add to tacos, burritos, salads, or quesadillas. It’s tender, flavorful, and juicy.
Ranch Burgers – These Ranch Burgers make the BEST homemade hamburgers!! This easy burger recipe is complete with the most delicious secret sauce that compliments the ranch burger perfectly!
Crack Chicken – Crack chicken in a crock pot is simple and tasty. Everyone is sure to love this creamy, cheesy chicken dish.
Steak And Tortellini Salad – Delish Steak and Tortellini Salad is hearty and refreshing. Tortellini, sirloin & romaine in a creamy pesto dressing is a must-have!
Crock Pot Brisket – Juicy and delicious meat, easily made in your slow cooker! This crock pot brisket is so tender it just falls apart.
Chicken Stroganoff – This Homemade Chicken Stroganoff is perfect for dinner any night of the week. Its full of flavor and is made start to finish in under 40 minutes!
French Dip Sandwich – These low maintenance French Dip Sandwiches are made with hearty beef and melted provolone cheese on a buttery toasted bun, and dipped in au jus!
Smothered Pork Chops – This creamy Lemon & Thyme Smothered Pork Chops recipe always gets rave reviews. It’s flavorful and ready in 35 minutes or less.
Pot Roast – This Crock Pot Roast Recipe is one of our favorite Sunday dinners. It takes only 3 minutes of prep time and then the slow cooker does the rest! The chuck roast ends up being SO tender and full of flavor from the brown gravy, Italian, and ranch dressing mix!
Garlic Prime Rib – Perfect prime rib, seasoned with garlic and cooked in the oven. A secret trick will give you the most tender and juicy meat you’ve ever made!
Easy Fathers Day Sides
These side dishes are simple and delicious, perfect for serving up for that special guy in your life!
Crock Pot Mac And Cheese – Everyone loves a good slow cooker recipe, and this Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is so simple, cheesy and delicious. With loads of cheese, butter, and sour cream it’s hard not to love this creamy macaroni and cheese recipe.
Grilled Corn on the Cob – Using the grill is one of our new favorite ways to cook corn! Grilled corn on the cob will be your go-to side dish this summer.
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes – After having these Twice Baked Potatoes, you’ll never want regular baked potatoes again! These super easy potatoes are loaded with sour cream, cheese, bacon, and seasonings! For being such a delicious side, they are SO simple!
Homemade Potato Salad – Our all-time favorite Potato Salad – it’s simple, flavorful and filled with chunks of potatoes, eggs and olives! It’s the perfect addition to any BBQ or picnic and is so creamy and tasty, it will wow everyone who tries it.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is a smoky and savory side dish. It is crispy, delicious, and takes about 20 minutes to prepare!
Wedge Salad – This fresh wedge salad is a classic. It’s crisp and refreshing, smothered in creamy dressing and topped with crumbles of cheese and bacon.
Creamed Corn – A smooth and creamy side dish filled with cream, butter and cheese. Anyone who likes corn will love this recipe! This creamed corn is also a perfect side dish for holiday meals.
Best Mashed Potatoes – My FAVORITE mashed potatoes recipe! These Buttery smooth mashed potatoes are our Go-To potato side dish recipe for every dinner and holiday get together.
Green Bean Bundles – These Green Bean Bundles make for the ultimate side dish. Bacon wrapped green beans drizzled in butter, brown sugar, and garlic salt – the flavor can’t be beat!!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls – Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls are so soft they melt in your mouth!! They are huge, buttery, and SO good!
Funeral Potatoes – Cheesy and delicious Funeral potatoes (aka Cheesy potatoes, Party Potatoes). This simple casserole is a potato lovers dream. With cheesy, sour cream, butter, cream of chicken and born, these potatoes are perfect for any meal or holiday.
Sheet Pan Oven Roasted Vegetables – Simple, flavorful, and healthy roasted vegetables that take less than 10 minutes of prep work! Nothing beats yummy veggies roasted in the oven!
Parmesan Potatoes – Simple and delicious baked parmesan potatoes are the perfect side dish, made from cubed potatoes coated in parmesan and a few simple seasonings.
Cheesy Garlic Bread – This is by far our favorite Garlic Bread recipe. It takes minutes to put together and is SO cheesy and delicious. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal, but especially for pasta and Italian dishes!
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots – If you need a go-to side dish, these Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are perfect for you! The tastiest candied carrots recipe!! Even better, it takes less than 10 minutes to make and only requires 4 ingredients!
Potato Wedges – Crunchy potato wedges are perfectly seasoned and garnished with parmesan. You won’t be able to stop at one!
father’s day desserts
Decadent chocolate or bright and summery fruit desserts. There is something the entire family will love. Enjoy celebrating those specials men in your life!
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – Everyone’s favorite cookie is the star of this show! No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is a cool and creamy dessert with a crisp Oreo crust and a rich cookie-filled cheesecake base. It comes together in 15 minutes, no oven required!
German Chocolate Cake – Homemade German Chocolate Cake is always a favorite. Two layers of tender chocolate cake topped with a decadent coconut pecan frosting. What’s not to love?
Reese’s Brownies – Reese’s brownies have a fudgy brownie base topped with creamy peanut butter buttercream. You can’t go wrong with this decadent dessert!!
Chocolate Cream Pie – This Chocolate Cream Pie has two types of chocolate in a creamy pudding, topped with whipped cream and chocolate curls!!
Snickers Brownie Bites – Chewy & delicious Snickers Brownie Bites are filled with brownie, nougat, caramel, peanuts and topped with chocolate!
Better Than Anything Cake – Quick and Easy Better than Anything Cake is a sweet cake filled with caramel and topped with cool whip and toffee bits!
Pizookie – The original Pizookie cookie pie is utterly irresistible. Ooey, gooey and Warm cookie topped with vanilla ice cream makes a perfect dessert.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight – A delicious and cool layered dessert with a cookie base, cream cheese and pudding layer all topped off with Cool Whip and mini Chocolate Chips.
Churro Cheesecake Bars – Flaky & delicious Churro Cheesecake bars are covered in cinnamon and sugar filled with a sweet cream cheese layer.
Chocolate Cheesecake – An Oreo crust, milk chocolate cheesecake layer, and rich chocolate ganache topping combine to make this decadent dessert made for the ultimate choco-holic.
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie – Frozen Peanut Butter Pie consists of a graham cracker pretzel crust, frozen peanut butter filling, and a chocolate, pretzel, peanut butter cup topping. It’s the most perfect salty and sweet combo!
Peach Cobbler – Our FAVORITE peach dessert! This homemade Peach Cobbler recipe takes just a few minutes to prep and is beyond easy! Add some ice cream and cool whip to this delicious cobbler and you’re set!
Cheesecake Chimichanga – Crispy on the outside, with a sweet + tangy filling, Cheesecake Chimichanga bake up in minutes for a perfectly satisfying treat!
Lemon Bundt Cake – This is the most delicious and moist Lemon Bundt Cake recipe! It is covered in a sweet lemon glaze and topped off with an amazing cream cheese frosting with lemon zest, making it irresistible.
Chocolate Lava Cake – Deliciously decadent chocolate lava cakes are perfect for company or a date night in. These chocolatey cakes are made in just 30 minutes!!
the complete list
Here are the picture cards for all of the fantastic Father’s Day Recipes listed above.
This Father’s Day is sure to be extra special no matter which of these easy and delicious recipes you choose!