Hey Lil’ Luna readers, this is Lauren, visiting again from Tastes Better From Scratch. With the Fourth of July approaching quickly I want to share the perfect, no bake treat you can bring to your potluck or party! These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are quickly becoming a new family favorite!
Normally I would never stray from my all time favorite Peanut Butter Bars recipe….but since it’s been so dang hot outside lately the last thing I’m going to do is turn my oven on! These no bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are soft, thick, and chewy with the perfect peanut butter/chocolate ratio and a nice saltiness and crunch from the pretzels. And the best part: No need to turn your oven on! They take just minutes to throw together, plus they have oats and pretzels in them, so you know they’re gonna be good!
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks)
- 1 cup crushed pretzels (crushed and then measured)
- 1 cup oats
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1¼ cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pulse oats in a blender or food processor until fine. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, add oats and stir well. Add 1 cup peanut butter and stir until combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, crushed pretzels and powdered sugar. Spread mixture into a 9x13'' pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Add chocolate chips and butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over the peanut butter bars and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
These look AMAZING… You can never go wrong with a chocolate and peanut butter combo.
Thanks so much Lauren!! For more delicious recipes from her, head over to Tastes Better From Scratch!
Also, check out these delicious bars from here at Lil’ Luna:
For all dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!