Save yourself some time, money and stress by using this FREE Meal Plan that is full of amazing recipes. Each plan includes 5 dinner ideas, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a shopping list making meal planning easier than ever!!
WEEKLY MEAL PLAN #27
Included is a grocery list with EVERY ingredient you need for all the items on the meal plan.
This is meant to help simplify menu planning, shopping, and cooking so you can more easily enjoy meals with your family throughout the week!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Kung Pao Chicken is a favorite stir fry dish over here. It does have a bit of a spicy kick to it. You can adjust the heat/spice level in this recipe by increasing or decreasing the amount of red pepper flakes listed.
For even more heat, try using Cayenne powder. For even less heat, you can omit the red pepper flakes or substitute the chili flakes with sweet chili garlic paste.
BENEFITS OF MEAL PLANNING
There’s nothing worse than the dread every time a family members asks, “What’s for dinner??” And your answer is “I have no clue.” Having a meal plan for the week eliminates that completely, which is the number one benefit in my book!
Besides having a game plan in place, there are several other benefits of meal planning, including:
- Cost: When you have a plan set in place, and a specific list of groceries, you eliminate cost wasted on impulse items or produce that never gets used.
- Decrease Waste: No wasted money, and no wasted food! Having a set grocery list will help to avoid both of those issues.
- Variety: Our meal plans specifically include a lot of variety, with Mexican, Italian, Breakfast for Dinner, and so much more! You can expose your family’s palates to all kinds of meals.
- No Indecision: Did you know there’s such thing as “indecision fatigue”? The idea is that when you can’t make a decision on something (like what to make for dinner) it actually makes you mentally fatigued. When dinners are already planned out, though, you avoid indecision completely!
- Health: When you plan for/anticipate making well-rounded meals, you’re much more likely to actually make them rather than defaulting to convenient boxed meals, or unhealthy fast food!
As you can see, there are so many benefits to meal planning!
One of the EASIEST dinner recipes of all time! This super easy Taco Soup is made from beans, corn, tomatoes, and green chiles, plus ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning. All you have to do is dump everything in a pan and simmer. It’s ready in under 20 minutes!
This Lemon Asparagus Pasta is so simple, yet packed with amazing flavor! Made from penne pasta, mixed with asparagus, and covered in a cheesy sauce with just a hint of lemon.
If you’d like to add some protein to this dish, some cooked and cubed chicken is definitely the way to go! I usually have some in my freezer ready to add to recipes like this!
This Western omelette is packed with cheese, bell peppers, and ham! This is the most delicious and fluffy omelette you’ll ever make!
The Sweet Honey Muffins (one of the sides of the week) also pair really well with this dish.
This Homemade Kung pao Chicken is a tasty dinner recipe with a kick! This dish is filled with chicken and nuts and is covered in an amazing sauce, topped with green onions and perfectly served over rice.
Tender flavorful meatloaf that the whole family will devour! This meatloaf recipe is super simple- making it perfect for all levels of cooks in the kitchen.
You can’t have the “meat” without the “potatoes”. Serve your meatloaf with the Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes on the meal plan this week!
Sides of the week
Our Top Two Choices
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes – These creamy potatoes are a perfect side dish to just about any meal! You only need a few simple ingredients, and your crock pot does all the work.
If you don’t have time to make this crock pot version, we have an oven baked Scalloped Potatoes recipe as well! The ingredients are essentially the same.
These simple sweet honey muffins are sweetened with a little bit of agave (or honey). They are melt-in-your-mouth good!!
They’re perfect to serve with you breakfast dish this week (Western Omelette), or to have on hand for after school snacks!
Dessert of the WEek
Sweet Chex Mix is a gooey and completely addicting 15 minute treat, filled with golden grahams and coconut. It’s a recipe the entire family will love!!
For more snack mixes, try:
Click the link below to download this week’s FREE Meal Plan!