Save yourself some time, money and stress by using this FREE Meal Plan that is full of amazing recipes. Each plan includes 5 dinner ideas, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a shopping list making meal planning easier than ever!!
Weekly Meal Plan #6
Included is a grocery list with EVERY ingredient you need for all the items on the meal plan.
This is meant to help simplify menu planning, shopping, and cooking so you can more easily enjoy meals with your family throughout the week!
Tip of the Week
This week’s meal plan contains one of our favorite breakfast items—Buttermilk Waffles!
I know buttermilk isn’t a common ingredient to have on hand, but the good news is that it’s easy to make a substitute from items you are more likely to have on hand. Here are two ways:
- 1 cup of buttermilk can be made with 1 Tbsp of lemon juice or 1 Tbsp of vinegar with enough milk added to make it a full cup (then let it stand for 5 minutes), OR
- Substitute 1 cup of buttermilk for 1 cup of plain yogurt.
Be sure to check out our post with all the tips for for making a buttermilk substitute.
Benefits of Meal Planning
There’s nothing worse than the dread every time a family members asks, “What’s for dinner??” And your answer is “I have no clue.” Having a meal plan for the week eliminates that completely, which is the number one benefit in my book!
Besides having a game plan in place, there are several other benefits of meal planning, including:
- Cost: When you have a plan set in place, and a specific list of groceries, you eliminate cost wasted on impulse items or produce that never gets used.
- Decrease Waste: No wasted money, and no wasted food! Having a set grocery list will help to avoid both of those issues.
- Variety: Our meal plans specifically include a lot of variety, with Mexican, Italian, Breakfast for Dinner, and so much more! You can expose your family’s palates to all kinds of meals.
- No Indecision: Did you know there’s such thing as “indecision fatigue”? The idea is that when you can’t make a decision on something (like what to make for dinner) it actually makes you mentally fatigued. When dinners are already planned out, though, you avoid indecision completely!
- Health: When you plan for/anticipate making well-rounded meals, you’re much more likely to actually make them rather than defaulting to convenient boxed meals, or unhealthy fast food!
As you can see, there are so many benefits to meal planning!
The easiest Green Chile Burritos require just a few ingredients, including a seasoned chuck roast and 505 green chile sauce. The whole family loves them!
Pro tip: Cook a larger pot roast + double the spices to use the same meat for both the Pot Roast and to stuff your Green Chile Burritos! Other yummy additions to add inside your burritos are refried beans or pico de gallo.
This “Skinny” healthy Chicken Parmesan has all the tasty goodness of the classic meal, without the extra calories!
What’s better than a big, fluffy waffle first thing in the morning? Almost nothing! These buttermilk waffles are your new favorite breakfast recipe—everyone will love them.
Strawberry Harvest Salad tastes just like the salad at Zupa’s! It’s topped with apples, strawberries, chicken, candied pecans, cheese and a homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing.
If you want to add a sandwich to the meal, we love a classic grilled cheese.
This Crock Pot Roast Recipe is one of our favorite Sunday dinners. I
t takes only 3 minutes of prep time and then the slow cooker does the rest! The chuck roast ends up being SO tender and full of flavor from the brown gravy, Italian, and ranch dressing mix!
Pair your pot roast with either of the sides of the week, or both! So many options for side dishes with this meal.
Sides of the week
Our Top Two choices
Homemade Yeast Dinner Rolls are delicious, soft and fluffy. They’re the ultimate side dish to any meal!
They’re even better spread with honey butter or sweet jam.
Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes are the perfect side dish, especially with Pot Roast! With a homemade cream sauce and layers of parmesan and cheddar cheese, this Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is SO rich and creamy!
Dessert of the week
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie consists of a graham cracker pretzel crust, frozen peanut butter filling, and a chocolate, pretzel, peanut butter cup topping. It’s the most perfect salty and sweet combo!
For more frozen treats…
Click the link below to download this week’s FREE Meal Plan!