This project was SOOO much fun and would be an awesome craft nite with the girlfriends. I hope you like it.
1. Begin by picking out your Halloween Paper (BEWARE: there are so many stinkin’ cute ones at the Scrapbook stores right now!!), and cut TWO 12 inch strips that are 1 inch – 2.5 inches wide (per accordion flower).
2. Put two strips together and fold back and forth until you are all the way through. Then, hot glue the two ends together as well as the other ends so it makes a circle.
3. Push edges of strips IN to make an accordion flower. Hot glue center and hold, and do the same on back. For another tutorial on these flowers, I used one HERE.
4. Paint skewers the desired color you’d like and let dry. I stuck mine into the floral foam to dry.
5. I wanted to add a little something to the skewers, so I cut out .2 inch white strips of vinyl and twisted them along the skewer.
My hubby is super smart and suggested I stick them in his drill, turn it on, and let the drill do the twisting. It takes seconds (isn’t he smart?).
6. Add buttons or other embellishments to your flowers. I used some of these FREE vintage Halloween Prints from Matthew Mead found HERE.
These images are no longer available via this link so here they are:
7. Hot glue skewers to backs of flowers. Set aside.
8. Add floral foam and moss to your centerpiece base. I got my Halloween Box at Hobby Lobby for $7. Not too bad.
9. Stick skewers through the moss and foam int your base and arrange as desired.
So fun, huh? Plus, it’s easy to make, unique, and could be made very inexpensively! What more could you ask for?
For more great Halloween crafts be sure to check out:
For all Halloween ideas go HERE.
For all Crafts & Tutorials go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.