Last summer I made some really yummy Lime & White Chocolate Chip Cookies to take on a trip with my in laws up to the lake. They turned out super soft and soooo yummy, everyone gobbled them up in about 2.7 seconds. They were too good! Recently though, I had a craving for that citrus-chocolate combo again and I turned to lemon to fill my need.
I originally thought I’d do just lemon and white chocolate chips, like I did with the lime cookies, but when I saw a bag of macadamia nuts on the shelf in my pantry they just screamed “me too!!!” So I threw them in and I am soooo glad I did. The funny thing is that I ended up taking this batch to another trip with my in laws, this time up to Park City, and they ate these ones up quicker than the first ones!
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugars and mix until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and lemon zest and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips and half of the macadamia nuts.
- Cover dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll dough into balls (use about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie ball) and space at least 4 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly golden browned. Remove from oven and immediately add the other half of the nuts to the top of the cookies - just gently poke them into the tops of the cookies.
- Allow to cool 1-2 minute then gently remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a clear surface. Top with grated lemon zest if desired. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to a week.
*Recipe adapted from The Novice Chef
These Lemon White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies look AH-MAZING!!! Thank you, Tiffany!!
For some more delicious recipes from Tiffany here on the site be sure to check out:
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
For all recipes on Lil’ Luna go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂