Save yourself some time, money and stress by using this FREE Meal Plan that is full of amazing recipes. Each plan includes 5 dinner ideas, 2 side dishes, 1 dessert and a shopping list making meal planning easier than ever!!
WEEKLY MEAL PLAN #91
Each week, I share with you a FREE meal plan that consists of 5 dinner ideas (Monday-Thursday plus one Weekend meal), 2 side dishes, and 1 dessert!
Included is a grocery list with EVERY ingredient you need for all the items on the meal plan.
This is meant to help simplify menu planning, shopping, and cooking so you can more easily enjoy meals with your family throughout the week!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Easter is this week! If you are making Easter dinner, we’ve got some great tips!
- Appetizers: Plan for each guest to have 4-6 appetizers. Provide a variety of hot and cold, savory and sweet, light and heavy appetizers. Be sure to check out our collection of Easter Appetizers.
- Sides: Plan to have 3-4 different sides for 6 or fewer guests. Add another side dish for every 5 more guests. Don’t miss our collection of Easter Side Dishes.
- Main Course: Plan to serve 6 ounces per person if you are serving one main dish. If you have more than one main course plan for 8 oz total per person. Check out our collection of Easter Dinner Ideas.
- Dessert: Plan to have at least 2 dessert choices for every 10 guests. I always have at least one chocolate dessert and one fruit based dessert. Be sure to check out our collection of Easter Desserts.
BENEFITS OF MEAL PLANNING
There’s nothing worse than the dread every time a family members asks, “What’s for dinner??” And your answer is “I have no clue.” Having a meal plan for the week eliminates that completely, which is the number one benefit in my book!
Besides having a game plan in place, there are several other benefits of meal planning, including:
- Cost: When you have a plan set in place, and a specific list of groceries, you eliminate cost wasted on impulse items or produce that never gets used.
- Decrease Waste: No wasted money, and no wasted food! Having a set grocery list will help to avoid both of those issues.
- Variety: Our meal plans specifically include a lot of variety, with Mexican, Italian, Breakfast for Dinner, and so much more! You can expose your family’s palates to all kinds of meals.
- No Indecision: Did you know there’s such thing as “indecision fatigue”? The idea is that when you can’t make a decision on something (like what to make for dinner) it actually makes you mentally fatigued. When dinners are already planned out, though, you avoid indecision completely!
- Health: When you plan for/anticipate making well-rounded meals, you’re much more likely to actually make them rather than defaulting to convenient boxed meals, or unhealthy fast food!
As you can see, there are so many benefits to meal planning!
And if you want to create your own menu, be sure to check out all our recipes and visit our recipe pages, including: Main Dish, Side Dishes, Desserts, Appetizers and Breakfast!
Tamale Pie is bursting with spice and hearty meat with a fabulous crust of tamale goodness and filled with beef, chiles, cheese and more. It is a delicious one pan meal and easy to make!
This filling dish pairs well with our Southwest Caprese Salad and, of course, we will never turn down some Homemade Tortilla Chips and Homemade Salsa as an appetizer.
Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup
One of your favorite Italian dishes turned into a delicious soup! This Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup is a creamy tomato-base soup filled with chicken, penne pasta, and of course cheese. The best part – it comes together in less than 30 minutes!
This yummy soup is even better when served with a side of Olive Garden Breadsticks or, if we’re short on time, Cheesy Garlic Bread. Together, they make a tasty Italian meal!
French Toast Bake
This super delicious overnight French Toast Bake recipe takes French toast to a whole new level! Pieces of sourdough bread covered in an egg mixture, topped with cinnamon sugar, and baked to perfection! This easy French toast casserole is the ultimate holiday or weekend breakfast!!
When you taste this dish, you’ll see why this recipe is so popular! Our favorite way to eat it is with Buttermilk Syrup and a side of bacon.
Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad
This delicious Copycat Oriental Chicken Salad from Applebees is made with breaded chicken, cabbage, romaine, sliced almonds, and more tossed in a flavorful Asian dressing!
If you’re wanting something a little heavier to go with this meal, try our Avocado Egg Rolls or Cream Cheese Wontons. They’re both incredibly good!
Crockpot Brown Sugar Ham
Crockpot Brown Sugar Ham has a quick prep, and requires minimal effort. It’s our favorite way to make a holiday ham!
Easter Sunday is this weekend! We saved both of our featured sides and our dessert this week for this special day. Our famous Funeral Potatoes and sweet Resurrection Rolls go great with ham and are perfect for Easter dinner!
Sides of the week
Our Top Two Choices
Family-favorite Funeral Potatoes casserole is creamy, cheesy, and crispy on top. It’s perfect for dinners and holidays!
If you love this dish like we do, you’ll also love our Scalloped Potatoes, Potatoes Au Gratin and Best Mashed Potatoes. They’re all yummy ways to serve potatoes!
Resurrection Rolls are a special Easter tradition. They are simple and help teach a sweet lesson about the holiday!
These rolls are so fun for Easter, but, if you’re looking for rolls that aren’t sweet, try our Homemade Dinner Rolls, Crescent Rolls or Potato Rolls.
Dessert of the WEek
Easter Dirt Cake
Easter Oreo Dirt Cake is a creamy and delicious Easter dessert filled with Oreos, pudding, and cool whip. Everyone will love to decorate and eat it!
For more Easter Desserts, try:
- Easter Chick Cupcakes
- Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
- Easter Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Cake
- Rice Krispie Easter Nests
- Sugar Cookie Blossoms
Download the Meal Plan!
Click the link below to download this week’s FREE Meal Plan!
And remember – if you want to create your own menu, be sure to check out all our recipes and visit our recipe pages, including: Main Dish, Side Dishes, Desserts, Appetizers and Breakfast!