- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 7 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 1 lb mini marshmallows
- yellow food coloring
- mini chocolate chips
- candy for beaks (candy corn, jelly beans, or chocolate covered sunflower seeds)
- pretzel sticks or twists
- buttercream frosting
- Melt ½ cup margarine or butter in a large sauce pan on low heat.
- Add 1 lb mini marshmallows and stir constantly to avoid burnt marshmallows.
- Add about 10 drops of yellow food coloring after the marshmallows are completely melted and stir until uniform in color. You can adjust the amount of food coloring based on your color preference.
- Remove from heat and stir in 7 cups of Kelloggs Rice Krispies
- Set aside for about 10 minutes or until the Rice Krispie treats are comfortable to handle. You want them to be warm so they are easy to work with.
- Spray your hands with non-stick spray or coat with margarine. If the Rice Krispies start sticking to you, add some more non-stick spray to your hands.
- Take small handfuls of Rice Krispie treats and form into an flattened oval or rounded triangle shape to form the chick's body
- While the chicks are still warm, decorate the chicks according to your preference. We used: mini and regular chocolate chips for eyes; candy corn, jellybeans, or chocolate covered sunflower seeds for a beak; pretzels for legs or feet.
- While the chicks are setting up, use food coloring to color some buttercream frosting yellow.
- Using a grass piping tip(#233), pipe little tufts of hair on each chick.
The second part of the challenge was to create an event where we might serve our Rice Krispie treats. We decided to challenge ourselves and make everything on our dessert table out of Rice Krispies. We used only Rice Krispies and food safe materials when creating our display. From edible Easter basket grass to Rice Krispies sprayed with food color spray for vase filler, we really mean that it is ALL edible.
Rice Krispies Making Memories Circle on The Motherhood.
Friday, April 15 there will be a special live video chat with all the different teams.
The $100 visa card giveaway is going on HERE. You have until April 10th to enter!
Our whole team hopes that you are inspired to get in the kitchen with your kids and start making memories!
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂