Chocolate Chip Cookies seem to be the answer to every problem. Am I right??? We tend to have lots of cookies at our family functions but it’s because you can never go wrong with cookies, especially of the chocolate chip variety!! Everyone loves them and it’s a treat that can be made and enjoyed all year long. For the longest time, we’ve relied on our classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but we have ventured out and tried other versions. We recently came across a new recipe that has become our new go to cookie, and we wanted to share it with you today.
Now, we understand everyone claims to have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, but we think this one is pretty close. They are a little crunchy on the outside, super soft on the inside and filled with so much delicious-ness. The recipe calls for dissolving the baking soda in water before adding it to the dough, and although we don’t know the exact science behind this, we think this helps make them so magical.
As you could guess, the dough is so yummy and could be eaten all by itself. It has more brown sugar than white sugar, and is filled with milk chocolate chips.
I can promise you this – make these cookies for your friends, neighbors, or family and they will love you forever. They are definitely sure to brighten up anyone’s day!
For more great cookie recipes, check out:
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth in mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to batter. Add salt, flour, and chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- Use cookie scoop to add to cookie sheets. Bake for 9-10 minutes. ENJOY!
Yay for cookies! Here is another favorite: