Hi – it’s me, Lily. Again!
Today I had a play date with my friend, Halle. We had lots of fun! We drew pictures, we played, and we also made a video. The video starred two pets we made – Puffy and Fluffy. They are called Fluffers. They are pretend animals made out of pom poms.
We also made Homemade Suckers today. We made two flavors – cinnamon and cherry. We always make suckers around Valentine’s because it’s something my mommy used to do with HER mommy. I’m actually eating a sucker right now as my mommy types. It’s so good.
Another good treat are these Cookie Candy Bars we made a few weeks ago. They were super easy but must of all, they were super DELICIOUS!! The recipe comes from Paula Deen, who is one of my mom’s favorite cooks. We thought we’d try it ourselves and we LOVED it. I think you’ll like it too.
Here’s the recipe for these chocolate-y, peanut butter-y goodies!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Begin by lining a 13x9x2 pan with foil.
- In a food processor, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar and graham crackers. Mix until it becomes a ball. Press this into your pan. We used our hands and spatula to do this.
- In a small pot, melt chocolate chips by heating on LOW heat and stirring constantly until smooth and melted. Pour this over the cookie layer and spread.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Let the bars come to room temp before serving.
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more great bar recipes, check out these favorites of ours:
For all treats by Lily go HERE.
For all dessert recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
These are super yummy!