Have I confessed my love for breakfast food on here yet??
I’m guessing I have, because it’s seems almost impossible for me to have not made this claim in the last 6.5 years since I started blogging. You see, I LOVE breakfast food. It’s my favorite and I can have it morning, lunch and dinner if I needed to. I know some people aren’t “breakfast” people, and that’s okay, but I AM! I love eggs, bacon, hash browns, cereal, oatmeal, pancakes – you name it!! Around the holidays, we seem to make more breakfast foods and I think it’s because we are gathering more with family and having more mornings together, but whatever the reason, I’m just glad it’s the case. Breakfast casseroles always get a ton of traffic in December, so I’ve been sure to schedule out a few more for you this holiday season including today’s recipe for Cheesy Farmer’s Strata. This recipe is filled with ham, bread, bacon, cheese, eggs, hash browns and a ton of flavor!! Yes, ham and bacon – pretty awesome, right?!
If you love breakfast dishes, this one will definitely become a new favorite. It would be great for Christmas morning or any other morning, especially if you have company and family in town.
Here is the cheesy, delicious recipe…
- 1 pound bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes, thawed
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Add ham and cook an additional 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and layer with half the bread cubes, potatoes and cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl, and pour half over the bread and potatoes.
- Layer the rest of the bread cubes, potatoes and cheese and pour the remaining egg mixture on top.
- Cover and chill for at least a few hours.
- When ready to bake, remove from fridge for at least 30 minutes and bake at 325 for 65-70 minutes. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
There are so many great ingredients in this dish, and I can tell right now that this will become a Christmas morning classic. Everyone loved it and thought we needed to add it to the keeper recipes.
Fore more great breakfast dishes to try, check out:
For all Breakfast recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!