I’ve said it before, we love us some breakfast food! Well, let’s be honest, this family loves ALL food. 😉 Having said that we decided to try a new delicious breakfast dish for this Baked Brunch Omelet, which is always exciting. Fortunately, this one was no different! With lots of cheese and chunky ham, this casserole is sure to please any breakfast lover. It makes a full 9×13 tray, so if you ever have guests over, I think it would be the perfect thing for them to wake up to – a warm, cheesy, bit of heaven with a tall glass of cold orange juice. Or, it would be great for a bridal or baby shower or a brunch with friends. Honestly, this dish couldn’t be any better since it combines so many wonderful breakfast ingredients.
Here’s the recipe:
- ½ loaf white bread, cut into cubes
- 1½ pounds Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Place half of your bread cubes on bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle half of the ham and half of the cheese on top; repeat.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, hot sauce and green onions together in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture into pan, over bread and cheese.
- Place your 9x13 pan on top of a baking sheet with a rim and place in oven. Pour water into baking sheet and bake at 350 for 60 minutes, or until eggs have set.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Another bonus to this meal is you can prepare it the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. We love being able to do this with our favorite recipes. 😉
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 12
ANY CHANGES MADE: none
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: I think we’ll add some turkey sausage next time
For more favorite savory breakfast recipes, check out:
For all Breakfast recipes go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!